Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vintage Dior Sketches


Dior Evening Gown


I was searching for something else when I came across these amazing Dior sketches from the 50s on the Fashion Institute of Technology's Library Department of Special Collections. From what I can gather, they are from a collection for Bergdorf Goodman.  

Dior Dress and Jacket


I'm pretty sure this sketch is for this gorgeous suit, which is part of the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising's museum collection. It's from the Autumn/Winter 1955 collection.      

Dior Coat


This is pretty much my dream coat.  

Dior Cocktail Dress


I love the bow on this one. 

Dior Dress


And the bow on this one too, obviously. 

Dior Suit


There are tons of other sketches in the collection. You can see the rest here.

10 comments:

  1. Gosh, these are all divine! I'd never buy a modern designer piece (not that I could afford one) but I would love a 1950s Dior suit or dress. I love the shape and structure of them. Oh well, a girl can dream... :)

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. I don't really care for modern designers but I would love a Dior new look suit. I may have to try and make one.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, just beautiful! As a life long history geek, I love it that more libraries/museums are digitizing the information they have and sharing it with the world.

    My favourite has to be the green frock with the bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's great being able to see so many amazing collections on the internet, especially since we live in NZ and can't see things in person all that easily.

      Yes, the green dress is beautiful.

      Delete
  3. argh - they're just so perfect - I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are such beautiful designs and such pretty sketches. That nipped in silhouette is just gorgeous. Though I would need some serious corsetry to get myself into that shape! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. adore the drawings. so inspiring.
    on the past flea markets i found some awesome sewing and knitting magazines from the late 50s and sixties ... the whole sunday i spent with taking photos of those inspiring pictures in there. i will start to share them soon.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete