Friday, January 7, 2011

The Christmas Dress

I know Christmas was two weeks ago but I never got around to posting my finished Christmas dress. I actually finished it on Christmas morning just before we had to leave for family lunch. I was way overdressed for a barbecue but I think my family are pretty much used to my eccentricities by now.

Christmas Dress


I probably could've taken in the side seams some more but I wanted to be comfortable (and considering the amount of trifle and pavlova I ate, that was probably a good decision).
It's pretty much exactly the same dress as the muslin I posted about but I took the shoulders in a little more.



Christmas Dress 2


The picture above is most like the true colour of the fabric. It was kind of hard to capture with such terrible lighting and on a dull day.

7 comments:

  1. Oh it turned out gorgeous, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that fabric is gorgeous! the dress turned out lovely. I hope you had a very merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It looks very comfortable, yet put-together. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet dress, I'm glad you finally got to showing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any such word as overdressed, it's certainly not in my vocabulary. You look fabulous, and you've done a great job with the dress. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay that dress is incredible! I am so in love with it. I love the belt too. Who cares if you were overdressed if you looked fabulous right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that dress! It turned out so well.

    I wore a 1950s dress to our Christmas barbeque too, and nobody batted an eyelid. My family have definitely become accustomed to my dress sense, thank god.

    ReplyDelete