Thursday, September 2, 2010

Self-Stitched-September Day One

SSS Day One


I don't think I have posted my pledge for Self-Stitched-September yet so here it is:

I, Camelia Crinoline, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-September. I endeavour to wear only handmade and refashioned items of clothing (excluding underwear, hosiery, shoes, cardigans and accessories) every day for the duration of September 2010.

Basically I will try and wear only skirts, dresses, blouses, pants and pyjamas that I have made. I briefly considered whether I should make some cardigans out of some knit fabric but I already own a lot of cardigans (like over 20) in almost every colour. It seems a waste sewing things I don't particularly want or need for the sake of being able to wear them for SSS.

For day one I wore my purple version of Burdastyle's Jenny skirt and also one of my Port Elizabeth tops from a pattern by Goldfinch and Eagle.

6 comments:

  1. Maaaaarvellous,dahl!
    30 days!! Yeah!
    You look adorable,love the bow belt especially!
    Must go shopping again soon!And I'm gonna try and persuade G that this weekend would be a good weekend to get that sewing machine out for you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh! I love! I love how the belt matches your shoes! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purple is so intense and gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking mighty good girl! I can't wait to see the next 29 outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with Self-Stitched-September!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helga- Thanks. Yes we definitely must!!! I'll be home on Sunday if that suits.

    Debi- Thanks, the belt's one of my favourites.

    Lazystitching- I love the intenseness of the purple too.

    Cecili- Thanks. I will try and make them interesting with the limited clothes I have to wear.

    Trisha- Thanks.

    ReplyDelete