Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Tea for Two
I've finished my second Sencha blouse. This time I made view 3 with the tie front. I also did buttons down the back on this one rather than snaps. I made it using some floral cotton from Stash Rehash. Sorry I haven't managed to get a picture of me wearing it. As my Mum said, "It looks much better when it's on."
The lovely Kat (who just got engaged- Congratulations Kat!), tagged me to answer some questions three weeks ago. I am really slack.
1. What is your favourite food?
It's probably a tie between cheese and chocolate.
2. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Spending three months in England when I was seven and meeting my Dad's family, most of whom I had never met before, was pretty amazing.
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
I'm not really one for feeling guilt about things that give me pleasure but I do indulge in eating homemade biscuits a bit too often.
4. If you won $1 million tomorrow what would you do with it?
Pay off my student loan (which is thankfully not anywhere near a million dollars). Actually go on the trip overseas that my Mum and I always talk about. Save some because I am boring and sensible.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My Mum, who taught me to sew, bought me my first sewing machine and is always patient when I ask her endless questions about whatever pattern I'm currently making. She also taught me to be a proud and independent feminist.
6. What are you reading at the moment?
I just finished The Children of Men by P.D. James and I'm about to start Dr Adder by K.W. Jetter.
7. If you had a theme song what would it be?
I'm not sure I would say it's my theme song but I love Piss Factory by Patti Smith.
The fabulous Helga, also passed an award on to me. I'm meant to tell you five things about me.
1. I can't stand cooked peas. They make me gag but I love picking fresh ones and eating them raw.
2. I just got my hair cut and it's the shortest it's been since I was seven.
3. I like watching Doctor Who while I'm sewing.
4. My handwriting is terrible. I'm usually the only one who can read it.
5. I like making mosturisers and cleansers. I found an old book of my Mum's a few years ago on how to make your own cosmetics and haven't bought mosturiser or cleanser since.
I am a spoilsport and on holiday so I can't be bothered passing these on. Sorry.