Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tea for Two

Sencha Number 2


I've finished my second Sencha blouse. This time I made view 3 with the tie front. I also did buttons down the back on this one rather than snaps. I made it using some floral cotton from Stash Rehash. Sorry I haven't managed to get a picture of me wearing it. As my Mum said, "It looks much better when it's on."

Sencha Buttons


The lovely Kat (who just got engaged- Congratulations Kat!), tagged me to answer some questions three weeks ago. I am really slack.

1. What is your favourite food?
It's probably a tie between cheese and chocolate.


2. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Spending three months in England when I was seven and meeting my Dad's family, most of whom I had never met before, was pretty amazing.

3. What is your guilty pleasure?
I'm not really one for feeling guilt about things that give me pleasure but I do indulge in eating homemade biscuits a bit too often.

4. If you won $1 million tomorrow what would you do with it?
Pay off my student loan (which is thankfully not anywhere near a million dollars). Actually go on the trip overseas that my Mum and I always talk about. Save some because I am boring and sensible.

5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My Mum, who taught me to sew, bought me my first sewing machine and is always patient when I ask her endless questions about whatever pattern I'm currently making. She also taught me to be a proud and independent feminist.


6. What are you reading at the moment?
I just finished The Children of Men by P.D. James and I'm about to start Dr Adder by K.W. Jetter.

7. If you had a theme song what would it be?
I'm not sure I would say it's my theme song but I love Piss Factory by Patti Smith.






The fabulous Helga, also passed an award on to me. I'm meant to tell you five things about me.

1. I can't stand cooked peas. They make me gag but I love picking fresh ones and eating them raw.

2. I just got my hair cut and it's the shortest it's been since I was seven.

3. I like watching Doctor Who while I'm sewing.

4. My handwriting is terrible. I'm usually the only one who can read it.

5. I like making mosturisers and cleansers. I found an old book of my Mum's a few years ago on how to make your own cosmetics and haven't bought mosturiser or cleanser since.

I am a spoilsport and on holiday so I can't be bothered passing these on. Sorry.

6 comments:

  1. How pretty! It really is perfect for tea and scones with jam and cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah for Mums who teach us to sew hah! Hope you are enjoying the holiday - look forward to seeing the hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous blouse...I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the cutest fabrics ever! This blouse looks totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use beeswax, emulsifying wax, oils (like apricot, almond or avocado)water and borax. It's really easy you just melt the waxes and oils together, dissolve the borax in hot water and then take them off the heat and whisk them together. There's lots of recipes on the internet.

    ReplyDelete