Sunday, April 11, 2010

Andrea's Vintage Sale and Me-Made-May

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending Andrea's Vintage Sale. I got 2 dresses and a hat at a great price. It was really nice to meet Andrea and some other bloggers including Helga and Eva (who, it turns out, is in one of my classes at uni).

Peach Dress
Peach doesn't really suit me but I couln't resist this dress.

Apple Dress
I love the cute apple print on this dress.

Hat

This hat makes me think of something Dandy Gilver would wear in one of Catriona McPherson's mystery novels.

I also joined Zoe's Me-Made-May Challenge yesterday. She just finished Me-Made-March where, for every day of March she wore clothes that she had sewn (excluding bras, shoes, tights and socks). For Me-Made-May she's inviting others to join her, so if you're interested click the link above. I'm going to do the Lite version which involves wearing at least one handmade garment every day throughout May, because it's going to be Autumn/Winter here in NZ and most of the clothes I sew are light summer dresses.

7 comments:

  1. Sweetie,it was fabulous to meet you!!!Hope to do so again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great too meet you too! Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! So glad you are doing the Me-Made May challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that green dress is a majorly wonderful find. ive been daydreaming of fruit print clothing for the last month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog via Andrea's, and wanted to stop by and say that I love your style! And that apple-print dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope I see you at Stash Rehash,doll!!

    ReplyDelete