Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cardigan DIY


The sleeves of my favourite black cardigan had started to fray so instead of throwing it away I figured there must be something I could do to repair it. I remembered that I had parts of a stripey mens shirt left that I had used for another project, so I folded up the frayed bit and hand sewed the cuffs of the shirt sleeves onto the sleeves of the cardigan. Of course not content with just doing that, I made a bow with the leftover fabric and sewed it onto the back.

I quite like it because it looks like I'm wearing a shirt and the sleeves are poking out of the bottom of my cardigan sleeves.




4 comments:

  1. How resourceful! The stripes add a nice detail to your sweater. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love stripes (and bows) on just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea!. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, its drawn attention to your blog and I enjoy finding other like minded New Zealanders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I'm always happy too when I find fellow New Zealanders who are into vintage because there don't seem to be that many of us.

    ReplyDelete